This Baked Cheesecake is easy to make, delicious and perfect for any occasion.
Prep and cook time: 1 hour
For the crust
• 1 Packet of Bakers Marie Biscuits, finely crushed
• 130g Butter, melted
• 15ml Sugar
For the filling
• 2x250g Tubs Lancewood Creamed Smooth Cottage Cheese
• 125ml Cream
• 200ml Sugar (I used white sugar)
• 3 Extra-large eggs
• 5ml Vanilla essence
• 4ml Freshly grated lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. Mix the crumbs, butter and sugar and press firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 22cm ovenproof dish.
3. Mix the eggs, cream, vanilla, sugar, lemon zest, and cottage cheese together. Pour the well incorporated mixture into the crust.
4. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 150˚C and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
5. Switch the oven off and let the cheesecake cool in the oven. Leave the oven door slightly open (This is very important!). Take the cake from oven when cooled, cover and place in the fridge.
6. Remove from the fridge a few hours before serving. Garnish with raspberries and fresh mint leaves.
The bake down:
- This recipe is essentially foolproof (unless you’re me and you forget to put in sugar <facepalm>).
- It’s super easy with very little dirty dishes.
- Your friends and family will think you’re a professional chef!